How to Create a Grocery Shopping List - Personal Finance Life Skills Activity and Worksheet
Where to find this activity
How to Create a Grocery Shopping List is a step-by-step activity and worksheet designed to teach students how to create a shopping list for groceries, personal care products, and household items while staying within a budget. With age-appropriate graphics, relatable dialog, and real-world scenarios, this activity will help students learn valuable life skills they can use for years. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to use with no prep required. This special education activity gives your students the gift of financial literacy today!
- This personal finance life skills resource teaches students how to create a weekly grocery shopping list within their budget, promoting responsible spending habits.
- It guides students in pinpointing essential items for the week, ensuring they prioritize needs over wants for smarter shopping.
- The program offers strategies on the right timing to purchase non-essential items, helping students balance indulgence with financial prudence.
- With lessons on finding item prices and organizing a grocery list efficiently, students enhance their independence and practical math abilities, making shopping smoother and more effective.
- This activity can be used as part of a comprehensive financial literacy curriculum or as standalone aids.
- Question and answers to challenge your students, reinforce learning, collect data, and measure progress.
- Relatable dialogue can serve as a bridge between the student and the content, making it easier for them to grasp complex concepts.
- Real-world life skills scenarios help prepare students for future challenges by developing critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Where to Use: This is the perfect special education activity for Middle Schools, High Schools, Adult Day Centers, Adult Transition Programs, Social Skills Groups, and Autism Life Skill Centers.
How to Use: This resource is an excellent addition to a functional life skills curriculum. Just print and hand out the resource.
Format: Color and black-and-white versions of each page are available as PDFs (portrait orientation, 8.5″ x 11″ letter ).