Career Resources for Teens and Adults - An Adulting Life Skills Activity
How to Create a Resume
Where to find this activity
Benefits and Features
- This activity teaches high school students to showcase their education, skills, certifications, internships, interests, and volunteer work to stand out from other job applicants.
- It covers how to arrange each section of their resume to highlight how they meet the job qualifications, even if they lack work experience.
- It includes a section on Contact Information, where they will learn to include their name, complete mailing address, reliable phone number, and a professional email address to make it easy for employers to contact them.
- It will guide them through writing a strong Objective statement describing the job type they are seeking and why they want to work for the company.
- The Education section will teach them how to include their degree, diploma, or certificate, the dates they attended, the names and locations of the schools they attended, and any coursework relevant to the job they’re applying for.
- This easy-to-follow format includes detailed instructions and examples, ensuring their resume is well-organized, creative, and professional.
- With this Life Skills Resource, they will increase their chances of getting noticed by employers and ultimately getting hired!
- This life skills activity is ideal for high school special education classrooms, vocational training programs, adult autism centers, and adult education programs.